CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sep 15, 2011

Birthday party









Saturday my youngest son David turned 2.  it is hard to believe he isn't a baby anymore, although my children will always be my babies even when they are with their own families.   I decided this year I was going to do a circus theme,  I researched several places online until I found something that really looked great.     The website that I drew my inspiration from came from Hello my Sweet,  I loved the look of a vintage circus.  They also have an etsy shop where you can purchase invitations, and other birthday decorations for a very reasonable price, especially if you are like me and have no clue how to design stuff like this.   I also contacted the lady who made his birthday cake last year and sent him a picture of a cake and asked if she could duplicate it and she said she could and her prices can't be beat.   She lives in Wichita and her website is celestial cakes her name is Deana and she is an awesome cake decorator.    I even went to Bed Bath and Beyond to purchase a cotton candy maker with my 20% off coupon,  it is a lot cheaper then renting one and with 3 boys I know I will be using it for birthday parties or other fun events.    So here are some pictures from the junk food filled, sugar crazed circus we had oh and even better we went to the Kansas State fair on Monday for even more fair/junk food.     I just love birthday parties especially when children are small and aren't influenced by video games or TV programs your imagination can carry you anywhere with the endless possibilities for birthday themes.  It always makes me a little sad when they are old enough to decide for themselves.   I prefer not having to go to party city and pick out stuff that comes in 8 packs.   This party did give me some difficulties though well I tried making caramel apples the first night it went past the firm ball stage and wouldn't stick to the apples, the next day I tried using sweet condensed milk and it scorched the bottom of my pan, I finally sent my husband to the store to buy the Kraft caramels (I felt like a failure)  but I wanted the apples so he went and then I had him make the sticky apples since I was obviously cursed.     I also tried making cake pops and that too gave me much difficulty so I finally gave up, I will try them again sometime but probably not the day before a birthday.    
David's cake, the bottom layer was chocolate fudge with raspberry filling
the top layer was vanilla cake with lemon cream filling. 
Birthday boy enjoying some cake.






0 comments:

Post a Comment