CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Feb 15, 2011

Now we are Six






Today is my son's 6th birthday.   6 years ago we drove down from Lawrence, KS to Overland Park, KS to have our son.   He was due March 4th but since my children like being born early and near holidays he wasn't different.   It is hard to believe he is already six, they grow up so fast.   I think when your a kid time seems to go so slow you can't wait to grow up because everything looks more exciting and fun, wow were we ever fooled.  Apparently someone forgot to mention all the responsibilities and not so much fun stuff you have to endure as an adult.  When your an adult and watching your children grow,  you blink an eye and they turn six you turn around and they are learning how to drive and next thing you know they are heading off for college.   Yes it seems like eons when your a kid but for a parent time goes by way too fast.

When I was One,
I had just begun.

When I was Two,
I was nearly new.

When I was Three,
I was hardly Me.

When I was Four,
I was not much more.

When I was Five,
I was just alive.

But now I am Six, I'm as clever as clever.
So I think I'll be six now for ever and ever.  A.A. MILNE  

2 comments:

Oregon Gifts of Comfort and Joy

Hi Nichole, Happy Birthday to Mr. Six! What a great post; it made me happy and remember when my three were that age. God bless,

Kathy

Nicole

Kathy,
Thank you for wishing my son a happy birthday.

Post a Comment