This delicious yummy pizza has a cookie dough crust, a sweet cream cheese sauce, and is topped with your favorite fruits for a dessert that will appeal to anyone.
- 1 (18-ounce) package refrigerated cookie dough
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract or other flavoring (almond, orange, or lemon)
- Fresh blueberries, banana slices, mandarin orange sections, seedless grapes, strawberry halves, kiwifruit (or any other
- 1/2 cup orange, peach, or apricot preserves
- 1 Tablespoon water
Preparation:Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Line an ungreased 14-inch pizza pan with cookie dough cut in 1/8-inch slices, overlapping slightly. Bake 12 minutes or until light brown; remove from oven and cool on a wire rack.
In a medium bowl, combine cream cheese, sugar, and vanilla extract or other flavoring; spread over cookie crust. Arrange fruit over cream cheese layer in any design you want (use your imagination).
In a small saucepan over very low heat, make a glaze by heating preserves and water. Brush glaze over fruit, making sure to cover the fruit that will turn dark. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Note: This does not keep well, so plan on using it up. You may also use your own sugar cookie recipe in place of the refrigerated dough.
Makes 8 to 10 servings
I made this last year for my middle son's preschool class for his snack day and it was a huge hit!