CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Jan 18, 2011

What's for dinner?

Tonight I decided to try out a new recipe courtesey of Sweet Peas and Pumpkins another blog I follow.  She has loads of recipes and some of them look pretty enticing.  The other night my husband made hot ham sandwhiches.   They are pretty simple to make  hamburger buns, ham and american cheese nothing else you put them in the oven at 350 degrees until the cheese melts.   Well I decided I was going to make my own fancier version,  panini style.   I basically followed the recipe on the link I provided above expect I left off the spinach, I don't have anything against spinach I just forgot to buy some at the store the other day.  I also made a maple butter to slather on the inside of the bread and later the outside after they were done.  

  • Ingredients:
  • Bacon*
  • sharp cheddar cheese
  • Gala apple
  • spinach (if you have it)
  • olive oil
  • maple butter *(if you choose to make it)


*To make maple butter:

maple butter

take butter as much as you need and soften in microwave.   Add a small amount of maple syrup, please note I just use Mrs. Butterworth syrup,  as I do not produce my own maple syrup and it is expensive. Using a handheld mixer and I blended the two ingredients then used a spoon to make a smooth paste.










uncooked bacon

*To cook bacon:

Put bacon in the oven cold, do not preheat the oven.  Place bacon on a shallow baking sheet lined with tin foil,  I sprayed the oil with cooking spray, I suppose this could have been omited but I fear things sticking.   Place in oven and set oven to 400 degrees and then set timer for 20 minutes.  There is no need to turn the bacon, when the timer goes off simply take it out and drain between paper towels like you normally would.

Mmm the smell of crisp bacon


Finished panini!!





Panini on george forman grill


1 comments:

Creative Escapes

Thanks for following me - I'm following you right back! This weekend I broke down and bought a Panini maker. I used the Foreman forever, but now that we have 5 people eating full size sandwiches - it was taking forever for ME to eat :) Can't wait to read more!

Post a Comment