CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Jan 29, 2011

Waffles, Bubbles and Sunshine

Happy Kansas Day!!  Today Kansas turns 150 years old, so if your from the Great state of Kansas then belt out your best rendition of "Home on the Range"
This morning I made a batch of waffles with a peculiar ingredient; seltzer water.   I found this recipe in one of my recipe books called Gourmet Today  it says that the seltzer or club soda will produce little bubbles cause the outside of the waffle to be nice and crispy but the inside remain soft.  
Well it was another beautiful day in Wichita, KS we saw temperatures of 68 degrees again so while my husband took our oldest son to his basketball game I took our two other boys outside for some fresh air and sunshine.   I even found some bubbles for Calvin and myself to blow for David who enjoyed watching the bubbles.  
This evening we were invited to our pastor's house for dinner,  tomorrow we will become the newest members of the Goddard United Methodist Church.  
Right now I'm trying to learn how to make my own blog button which I will post about later once I learn. 
Many happy returns to all.

0 comments:

Post a Comment